Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Incredibly Touched by the Mail Package I Received Today

Yesterday, while my colleagues were hard at work, grading Iowa Assessments writing tests and unwrapping the standards, at a district-wide professional development day, I was home with my 2.5 year old son, Jacob Donavon, who was sick with a fever of 101-102.   I loved all the cuddles I got from my Jacob Donavon yesterday, but it was not fun watching my little boy battle high temperatures.  Thankfully, last night, Jacob Donavon bounced back to his normal, energetic, busy self, and we are back to our usual routine today!

 My son, Jacob Donavon

This morning I checked my mailbox in the teacher's lounge and was greeted with this mail package I received!  My eyes lit up, I smiled from ear-to-ear, and my heart was filled with warmth and gratitude!  I am completely touched by the mail package I received from teacher-librarian Misti Sikes from Forysth, Georgia!

I met Misti Sikes on Twitter.  We joined our two libraries together for World Read Aloud Day/Week!  You can read about Harding Elementary's amazing experience of celebrating World Read Aloud Day/Week in March by clicking here .  It is beyond AMAZING how many friendships were formed thanks to World Read Aloud Day.

It was so much fun to read aloud "Otis" by Loren Long to my new friends in Georgia and my kiddos at Harding for World Read Aloud Day/Week at the end of March!



I wasn't expecting a package at all, especially from World Read Aloud Day!  I certainly appreciate the mail package that Misti and her students sent!  The package was a bunch of "thank you" notes from the students!  I am beyond touched! I will treasure their notes forever!  Please check out pictures of the notes I received!  They are so incredibly sweet and heart-felt!  I LOVE how my little friends from Georgia are excited about Otis, and so happy I was able to share Otis with them!



















Thank you so much to Misti Sikes and her students, my friends!  I can't wait to connect with you for National Poetry Month for the week of April 21-25, 2014!



No comments:

Post a Comment