Monday, February 10, 2014

Connecting with Others to Celebrate World Read Aloud Day on March 3-7, 2014

Teacher-librarians Shannon McClintock Miller and Andy Plemmons have been working together to plan World Read Aloud Day, held on March 5, 2014, something I am very excited to be a part of.

You can read about World Read Aloud Day at http://litworld.org/worldreadaloudday .


Shannon McClintock Miller
K-12 Teacher-Librarian and Ed Tech Integrationist
Van Meter, Iowa


Andy Plemmons
Elementary Teacher-Librarian
Athens, Georgia


Over winter break, I came across these two tweets from Shannon and Andy that shared planning information for World Read Aloud Day (with LitWorld) for March 5, 2014.






You can read Shannon McClintock Miller's blog post on World Read Aloud Day by clicking here.


You can read Andy Plemmon's blog post on World Read Aloud Day by clicking here .

In their blog posts, Shannon and Andy invite teacher-librarians and educators across the world to join them to connect on World Read Aloud Day.  Since one of my goals this school year is to connect my students with students outside of our school building, and even outside of our school district, I truly wanted to join these two awe-inspiring teacher-librarians, to connect with other awesome educators and their students on World Read Aloud Day!

So, I clicked on their World Read Aloud Day Connecting Across the World Google Doc to enter my contact and schedule availability information.


As of this blog post, so far, I have connected my students and I with ...






As you can see, I have made some awesome connections, but I am also looking to connect with more of you! ;)  Please contact me via Twitter (@SarahStaudt) or the Google Doc if you are interested in connecting.   It can be as simple as reading a book aloud between you and me to our classes! ;)  This would mean a lot to my students and me!

As I am preparing for World Read Aloud Day, I can't help but think, "in addition to celebrating Dr. Seuss's birthday and Read Across America on March 2, why not include World Read Aloud Day to make it a festive week to celebrate books and foster that love for reading?!"

I can't wait for World Read Aloud Day, Dr. Seuss's birthday, and Read Across America!

Happy Readings and Connecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment