Wednesday, February 19, 2014

World Read Aloud Day Blog Challenge #2

In previous blog posts I have written about World Read Aloud Day (WRAD) and the WRAD 4 week blogging challenge.  You can review these blog posts by clicking here for an introduction on World Read Aloud Day and by clicking here for World Read Aloud Day Blog Challenge Week #1 .



This week's blogging challenge #2 is the following...

WRAD Blog Challenge #2
Week 2: February 17 - 23
Adult & Child
Answering the following questions with a child. The child can be a student or your own. Age does not matter. Make sure to exchange and enjoy answers with one another before sharing them with us.
  • I think everyone in the world should read…
    • Me:  
    • Child:  
  • If I could listen to anyone in the world read aloud to me it would be…
    • Me
    • Child:  
  • When I read aloud, my favorite character to impersonate is…
    • Me
    • Child: 
  • The genre or author that takes up the most room on my bookshelf (or e-reader) is…\
    • Me
    • Child:  
  • My favorite part about reading aloud or being read to is...
    • Me
    • Child:  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs. Staudt AND 1st Grade student Reese

Reese is a 1st grade student in Mrs. Milbrandt's class.  He is a new student this year at Harding Elementary, and I absolutely adore this quirky little boy!  He is so much fun and has quite a vivid imagination, as you will be able to tell by our picture we took together and his responses to the questions below!  He makes me smile and laugh every time I see him!

A picture is worth a thousand words!  Doesn't this picture just say it all?!

  • I think everyone in the world should read…
    • Me:  Oh my gosh, there is so many books I think everyone should read!
      • Otis by Loren Long
      • Otis and the Puppy by Loren Long
      • Otis and the Tornado by Loren Long
      • An Otis Christmas by Loren Long
      • Boy + Bot by Ame Dyckman
      • The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Dewalt
      • Creepy Carrots by Peter Brown
      • Any of the Iowa Goldfinch Book Award nominees
    • ReeseCreepy Carrots by Peter Brown

  • If I could listen to anyone in the world read aloud to me it would be…
    • Me: An author
    • ReeseA zombie

  • When I read aloud, my favorite character to impersonate is…
    • Me:  A character with attitude, where I can practice my drama skills ;)
    • ReeseZombie Spiderman

  • The genre or author that takes up the most room on my bookshelf is…
    • Me: Loren Long
    • ReeseBooks about Star Wars

  • My favorite part about reading aloud or being read to is...
    • Me: watching students fully engaged and entranced in what I read aloud and the applause that comes after I read a book
    • Reesewhen someone reads with different voices

No comments:

Post a Comment